People want to look fit, but hey know that the main obstacle in their way is the belly fat, and to be more specific they know that it's about losing the "love handles". These are deposits of body fat located at both sides of our torso, covering the oblique muscles. So, it is important to know also how to lose your love handles.
The traditional exercises will not work for this purpose because exercises like crunches and sit-ups don't work on your obliques; rather they center their efforts on the rectus abdominus. However there are good exercises that rigger the obliques and let you lose the love handles along with a healthy diet. Let's have a look at them:
These is my personal favorite exercise to lose the love handles.
1. Stand upright with feet shoulder width apart and your knees slightly bent.
2. Lower you torso to one side and then to the other slowly and with control. Be sure to lean side to side only.
Do this after the side bends.
1. Stand like in the side bend.
2. Twist the body to the right, then to the left. NOTE: Twist form the torso not from the hips. The twisting must be done with your obliques.
Time to lie down on the floor! You can use an exercise mat or a towel to soften the surface. 1. Lie down on the right side.
2. Bring your right arm across your waist and let it rest
3. Touch your ear with the fingertips of your left hand, so that your left elbows winds up pointing straight upward.
4. Lift your shoulders of the floor 30cm contracting your obliques.
5. Repeat for a full set and change sides.
Seated Knee Drop
1. Rest on your hipbones on the floor. You can stabilize yourself with your hands behind you.
2. Bend your knees and put your feet flat on the surface with your ankles together.
3. Lower your knees to the right. Your feet should roll to, but still rest on the floor.
4. Continue until your knees are 6 inches above the floor, hold for a second and repeat on the other side.
5. The key here is control of movement, instead of using momentum.
Now you know how to lose your love handles. These are pretty simple exercises that require nothing but time to do. Stick to them every day or leaving a day off and you'll start seeing results in no time!
Learn how to get the stomach you want with How to Lose Your Love Handles.
While you are there be sure to join our newsletter for tips and more product reviews.