Nothing else demonstrates fitness and attractiveness to the opposite sex as well a great looking stomach. So, it is no surprise that both guys and girls want sexy six pack abs. The only problem is, what's the healthiest and most effective way to achieve a six pack of abs?
The answer lies in a low body fat percentage. This is achieved most quickly through a healthy diet, strength training and aerobic exercise.
But to have a really great six pick, you will want a well developed midsection. So I have included 3 of the most effective abdominal exercises as recommended by the American Council on Exercise. By performing the following exercises consistently, week in and week out, you'll get that six pack fast.
It might seem as if this exercise focuses only on the lower abs, but your abdominals are one long muscle, so you can't really separate the upper abs from the lower abs.
1. Lie down on the floor and place your hands on the floor or behind your head (avoid pulling on your neck).
2. Bring your knees in towards your chest until they reach about 90 degrees, with your feet crossed or together.
3. Contract your abs so that you curl your hips off the floor, reaching your legs up to the ceiling.
4. Lower and then repeat the exercise for 12-16 reps.
5. Although this is a small movement, try to use the abdominals to lift the hips instead of swinging the legs to create momentum.
Full Vertical Crunch
During a full vertical crunch, your abs are really worked by involving both your lower and upper body.
1. Lie down on your back and straighten your legs up to the ceiling.
2. Place your hands behind the head (remember, don't strain your neck) and contract your abs so that you lift your shoulder blades off the floor.
3. Then, press your heels towards the ceiling, in order to create a 'U' shape with your torso.
4. Lower and repeat the movement for 12-16 reps.
The Ab Rocker
The Ab Rocker exercise requires the Ab Rocker machine which can be found in most fitness clubs.
1. Sit down on the Ab Rocker and grip the bars with each hand.
2. Contract your abs and tilt forward, by using your abs instead of momentum from rocking back and forth.
3. Release and then repeat the movement for 1-3 sets of 12-16 repetitions.
4. Be sure to go slowly in order to reduce your momentum. Try to focus on your abs instead of pushing with your arms.
Are you looking for information about how to achieve sexy six pack abs? If you want to learn the truth about how you can achieve a great looking stomach, visit http://www.truth-about-abs.info for more information.