Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Diet and Six Pack Abs - Where's the Connection?



Have you ever considered the fact that diet has a great deal to do with getting six pack abs? With diet, I don't mean eating little food or no food, and staying away from fat and carbs whatsoever. Nope, that is totally where you are mistaken and that is exactly what has been keeping you away from reaching your goal...

When it comes to diet, there are certain things that most people believe works but it is exactly the opposite and I am going to show you some of the basic diet facts that most people have twisted out with their big fat lies...

First and foremost, you need to get enough protein in to your body.

High quality protein has high Thermic effect which means it will burn more calories while digesting, increase metabolism and also helps maintain lean muscle. And I hope you know for a fact that more muscle means more fat loss even while you sleep...

...Also, it helps suppress your hunger for longer periods. I bet you'd love this part.

Fiber is another very important factor when it comes to carbs. Carbohydrates are not all bad, but you should definitely stay away from wheat, and refined sugars which will only hurt your metabolism which means slow fat loss. Make sure you get most of your carbohydrate intake from fruits, vegetables and unrefined grains. You will definitely feel energetic and much more lively by staying away from refined and processed foods which are just what most people feed on these days.

Fat is an important part of the diet as well. I don't know why on earth you are afraid to eat fat. Of course there are types of fat and certain types, you should run away from like the Road Runner, but there are types that are key to fat loss. That's right. Fat burns fat too. Plus, if you don't eat enough fats, you will only increase the demanding power of your cravings thus encouraging you to hog up food off guard.

Olive oil, avocados, organic meats, eggs, nuts and seeds, nut butters and saturated fats from tropical oils are really important in your meals. You miss them and you'll end up being stuck half way in your goal.

I personally remember losing so much fat with exercise that I forgot about nutrition. It was so horrible that I was 10 pounds under my recommended weight and the worst part was the fact that I was low in fat AND muscle, thus the thin but bloated look. When I read certain guides on smart fat loss and muscle building, I realized that diet and nutrition plays a key role too, and one of the biggest mistakes I did was staying away from fat and protein.

When I started up on protein and essential fats, I noticed big changes in my body. My skin started tightening up and I started seeing a stronger more muscular body which had been hiding for a very long time.

When it comes to getting six pack abs, diet plays an important role because your six pack maybe already behind all that fat. All you need to do is remove the layer of excess fat off your belly and you've got a six pack.

So how do you do it? Smart and efficient fat loss - Exercise and Proper Nutrition is key.

If you want to lose fat and get six pack abs the smart way, click the link below for a detailed review on a method I found extremely effective in getting a great set of six pack abs in the least time possible.

Truth About Six Pack Abs

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,